What is Structural Defect Insurance?
Structural Defect Insurance protects the home owner for a period of 10 years against defects in the design, workmanship, material or the components of the property against destruction or physical damage. This ranges from water ingress to drainage and of course the structure itself. It is more commonly referred to as a structural warranty, structural insurance, latent defect insurance or new home defect insurance.
We can arrange this cover for new builds, barn conversions, mixed use developments and housing association projects. The insurance provides cover for the structural elements of the property (foundations, walls, roof, floors etc.) and non-load bearing elements, fixtures and fittings for which the Policyholder is responsible.
• 10 year structural defect insurance.
• No defect liability period
• Cover from day 1 practical completion – the date on the New Build Insurance Certificate.
• Meets industry standards and mortgage lenders expectations.
• Fully transferrable to subsequent owners and their lenders within the 10 year term.
For further details please contact our Portadown office on 028 3833 3484.